Originally a manufacturer of collectible, half-scale replica machine guns, family-owned Tippmann entered the paintball industry in 1986 when gun law changes forced them to re-evaluate their business.
At the time, the Tippmann's were afraid that paintball was just a passing fad that would have about as much staying power as the hula hoop. But it seemed like a natural transition for the company anyway. After all, they knew how to make guns, and paintball markers shared the same basic principles as the machine guns they were manufacturing.
One of the most exciting things about paintball is the heart pounding adrenaline rush that you get from competing against your friends. A lot of us are fans of popular on-line multi-player First Person Shooter games. In these games you are dropped into shoes of a soldier in simulated combat environments. While fun and entertaining, FPS lack the total immersion that some are looking for. So for those players the Paintball genre of MILSIM or Military SIMulation is just what they are looking for to maximize their paintball experience. Tippmann markers are legendary for their ability to be customized by the player into one of many weapons used by today's and yesterday’s Soldiers.
U.S. Army Paintball,
The 98 Custom is considered the most reliable marker in paintball because of years of proven performance on rental fields and in players' hands. The new 98 Custom® Platinum Series takes this legendary reliability to the next level and is now easier to upgrade, modify and maintain.
New Features Include:
- Split Receiver Design, which provides easier access to internal components for simplified installation of grip upgrades and modifications
- Secure Front Sight Spring and Trigger Pins, which makes the marker easier to service and reassemble
- Easy-to-Remove Power Tube Design with self-sealing/locking gas line makes maintaining the marker quick and easy
- Full Depth Pockets for ASA, which eliminates the need to loosen the ASA bolts when disassembling the marker
- New Barrel Porting and a Matte Finish, which improves marker air efficiency and reduces reflective glare
- Picatinny Rails, which makes adding a carry handle, scopes and other accessories a snap
- Redesigned, Vertical Front Grip, which offers improved stability and added texture for a more secure feel
- Redesigned Sling Mount End Cap, which allows players to easily attach a variety of different sling styles
There is also a new Quick Thread Flatline® Barrel, which attaches as easily as any other barrel to save players significant time and effort. The new Platinum Series maintains the core features of the original 98 including all aluminum die cast receiver, quick-release feeder elbow and a 200-round hopper. It’s fully compatible for CO2, compressed air, or nitrogen.
The 98 Custom in the perfect marker for new players getting in the game and want a marker they know will be reliable, will be easy to maintain and be upgraded when needed.